EVIDENCE: Submit your thoughts now!
The Transport Committee are seeking evidence on the strategic road network, following the recent Spending Review and publication of the ‘Action for Roads’ command paper.
Evidence regarding topics including the Highways Agency and new technologies is requested by the Committee.
Written evidence can be submitted until October 17, using a new online web portal.
Opinions regarding the following issues are sought:
- How will the policies set out in the government’s ‘Action for Roads’ command paper improve the strategic road network for all road users, while also improving the environment?
- How does the government’s policy for roads link with planning for other transport modes?
- How reliable is the government’s forecast for growth in demand for the strategic road network? How should the government deal with uncertainty in its forecast?
- How can we improve the reliability and efficiency of travel on the strategic road network? What impact will new technology have?
- What mechanisms are there for government to increase investment in strategic roads and attract new investors? Are there good examples from other countries that could be applied in the UK?
- How should the Highways Agency be reformed to make it ‘the world’s leading highway operator’? What roles should government and the private sector play to ensure better management of the strategic road network?
To submit your thoughts, please click here.