DODGER: Ten most ridiculous excuses revealed
Taking too much Viagra to leave the house and breaking both arms in a plum-picking mishap are just two farfetched excuses given for dodging car tax.
The DVLA have revealed their top ten excuses for not buying a tax disc last year – and there are some absolute corkers.
One reckless Viagra user claimed he had taken far too much of the drug to leave the house with any dignity.
Meanwhile, another tax dodger claimed they could not fill in the necessary paperwork as they had fallen out of a tree while plum picking, breaking both arms.
One male even claimed he was bedridden by man flu, while another wheeled off the classic ‘my dog ate it’ alibi.
Carolyn Williams, Head of Digital Services at the DVLA, said: “The vast majority of people tax their car on time but it amazes me to see the excuses people come up with.
“It is easier than ever before for people to tax their car and our digital services are designed to be used any time of day or night to fit in with people’s lifestyles – so there really is no need for silly excuses.”
The DVLA’s top ten most ridiculous excuses for failing to stump up car tax are:
- My accountant told me I’m due a tax rebate so I didn’t think I needed to pay again this year.
- I was on my way to the Post Office to tax the car and called into the betting shop – there was a horse running at Doncaster called ‘Don’t Do It’ so I bet on that with my car tax money instead – it lost.
- My mate said that if the cost of the tax is more than what the car is worth you haven’t got to pay it – it’s not, so I didn’t.
- I fell out of a tree picking plums and broke both my arms.
- I took too much Viagra and couldn’t leave the house.
- I’d forgotten the motorbike was in my garage – it was hidden behind the BBQ so it’s not my fault.
- I had man flu and couldn’t go to the Post Office.
- I’ve been out of the country for four months and I forgot where I parked my car.
- My dog ate the reminder.
- My reminder on my phone didn’t work so it’s not my fault.
Image courtesy of comedy_nose, with thanks.