Ford Post Best-Ever CV Performance In July
By Maddy Price
Thursday, August 4, 2016 - 15:06
Ford of Britain has posted its strongest-ever commercial vehicle (CV) sales volume for the month of July, as it boosted its overall sales lead over its nearest UK competitor.
According to the official sales figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT):
July 2016 highlights:
- Ford recorded 7,804 CV sales – it’s highest-ever, and 11.3 per cent up on July 2015
- Ford recorded total vehicle sales of 30,051 and share of 14.6 per cent – 3.4 percentage points ahead of nearest rival
- Fiesta remains UK best-seller, Transit Custom leads CV sales
- Ford has five models in the UK top 20 – Fiesta (1st), Focus (4th), Transit Custom (9th), Kuga (13th) and Transit (20th)
- Ford Fiesta, C-MAX, Transit Courier, Transit Custom, Transit and Ranger all lead their respective segments
Andy Barratt, Ford of Britain chairman and managing director, said: “Ford’s CV sales volume is the highest we’ve ever seen in July, surpassing the previous record set in 2007, and with the efficient new EcoBlue diesel engine now in the Transit range, we expect to see our share increase further.
“Our car sales also remain strong as we gear up for the bumper September month, bolstered by the sporty new ST-Line models – Fiesta, Focus, Kuga and Mondeo, and the arrival of the Edge SUV range in our dealerships,” he added.
The official figures released by the SMMT today show that total car sales for July were 178,523, up 0.1 per cent compared with July 2015. Ford car sales were 22,247, 2,514 registrations ahead of its nearest rival.
The Ford Fiesta remains the UK’s best-seller with 7,990 registrationsand 4.5 per cent of the total UK market share for July; 2,384 sales and 1.3 percentage points ahead of its nearest rival.
The UK’s top 20 best-selling vehicles also includes Focus (4th), Transit Custom (9th), Kuga (13th), and Transit (20th), while Fiesta, Focus, C-MAX, Kuga, Mondeo, Galaxy, and the entire Ford commercial vehicle line up all take a top-three place in their respective market segments in July.
UK light commercial vehicle sales in July were down 0.2 per cent at 24,506 compared with July 2015. Ford light and medium commercials sales were 7,804, up from 7,009 in July 2015, an increase of 11.3 per cent, with share up from 26.8 to 29.7 per cent.