GEM Motoring Assist produce guide to ‘greener driving’
By Kyle Lindsay
Friday, July 19, 2013 - 08:00
GUIDE: GEM encouraging ‘greener driving’
GEM Motoring Assist are helping drivers adopt a more environmentally-friendly and efficient approach with a new guide to ‘greener’ driving.
The award-winning breakdown cover company and road safety charity are reinforcing that choice of car, fuel and style of driving all have a big environmental impact.
GEM claim if motorists adopt a more ‘green’ approach to driving, a difference for the better could be made.
The online bible – ‘Green Driving’ – includes how to choose the right car and fuel, and drive more economically.
David Williams MBE, CEO of GEM Motoring Assist, said: “We want motorists to know that there absolutely is something that we can all do to reduce the mark that we leave on the environment.
“As a nation, if we all practice ‘green driving’ we will be able to make a much more positive impact.
“As individuals, we can also save some money in the process.”
To help those that are looking to buy a new car, GEM have outlined simple tips to consider:
- Car manufacturers in the EU must, by law, display the fuel consumption and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions for every new model. Make sure that you check the standards.
- Remember that the lower the rating, the lower your annual car tax liability.
- Some car manufactures also offer a factory-fitted LPG conversion option for new cars.
- Bear in mind also that Diesel cars are more fuel efficient and produce less CO2.
- Electric vehicles are eligible for a 100% discount from the Congestion Charge in London.
To access the full ‘Green driving’ guide, visit here.
Image courtesy of eutrophication&hypoxia, with thanks.