Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles launch new used van scheme
By Kyle Lindsay
Monday, September 2, 2013 - 10:00
SCHEME: Volkswagen launch Das WeltAuto
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles are launching a national scheme that gives customers a wider choice when buying a used vehicle.
According to Volkswagen, the scheme, Das WeltAuto, is part of a ‘commitment to improving the way used commercial vehicles are sold by providing customers with options similar to those available to new van buyers’.
They claim that Das WeltAuto will help reduce the time spent looking for the right vehicle for many businesses.
Benefits of the programme include a full history check, 12months’ warranty and roadside assistance, vehicle data and mileage checks and a 30day exchange or return policy.
Andy Waite, Head of Sales for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in the UK, said: “The launch of Das WeltAuto is part of our commitment to develop long-term partnerships with our customers, enabling our dedicated Van Centre network to sell used vehicles customers can trust.
“What sets Das WeltAuto apart from other used vehicle schemes is that it takes into consideration the complete buying experience and the importance of a flexible package to meet customers’ requirements.”
Any commercial vehicle under 100,000miles, Volkswagen or otherwise, can now be sold as an approved Das WeltAuto van.
For each vehicle advertised, a Volkswagen Van Centre will suggest a number of approved accessories to enhance and personalise the vehicle.
These include alloy wheel upgrades, parking sensors, cruise control, satellite navigation or Bluetooth / iPod connectivity.
The prices shown will include VAT and fitting costs, where appropriate, to make the process as transparent as possible.
The Das WeltAuto programme includes:
– Minimum 12months comprehensive warranty
– Minimum 12months Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Roadside Assistance, providing breakdown and recovery services 24hours-a-day, 365days-a-year, in the UK and Europe
– Vehicle data and mileage checks
– Technical quality checks
– A replacement vehicle, in the event of a breakdown or warranty repair
– Vehicle customisation, from a comprehensive range of accessories
– 30day/1,000miles ‘Right of Exchange’ policy
– Finance options, including Hire Purchase, Lease Purchase, Finance Lease and service plans
– Test drive
– Trade in
– Seven days complimentary Volkswagen Insurance