REVEALED: Award finalists confirmed
The Freight Transport Association (FTA) have revealed the shortlist for the 2014 Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards.
Founded to raise awareness of the opportunities offered by the transport and logistics industry, the awards – now in their seventh year – aim to boast the variety of fulfilling careers available.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced at a ceremony at The Savoy, London, on May 13, attended by more than 250 business leaders and executives.
This year’s FTA Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards finalists are:
Director of the Year
- Marie Boyer, Managing Director, France Line Transport International Ltd
- Sarah Copley, Commercial Director, National Express
- Kate Lester, CEO and Founder, Diamond Logistics
- Anna Whitty, CEO, ECT Charity
Driver of the Year
- Rachel Garlick, HGV Driver, DHL Homebase
- Christine Saunders, PUD Driver/ Driver Assessor, TNT Express UK
- Jenny Tipping, C+E Driver at Manpower Logistics, Royal Mail
Innovation and Sustainability
- Karen Jacques, Chief Operating Officer, Dryad Maritime
- Corinne Murphy, National Fleet Manager, Asda Logistics Services
- Astrid van der Burgt, National Road Risk Manager, Kuehne + Nagel Ltd
- Megan Bowne, Fleet Planning Engineer, Southeastern Railway
- Maryam Cassidy, Continuous Improvement Manager, Asda Logistics Services
- Kat Horsley, Operations Director, Easy as HGV
- Anna Kozlowska CMILT Managing Director, Myway Enterprises
Team Leader of the Year
- Caroline Capone, Transport Manager, Kuehne + Nagel
- Tracey Clifford, General Manager, Wincanton
- Simone Fogg, General Manager, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd
- Julia Wraithmell, District Maintenance Manager East, Northern Rail
- Jane Curl-Carter, Site Manager, DHL Tradeteam Ltd
- Laura Edwards, General Manager, Wincanton
- Amy Goddard, Department Manager, ADC Lutterworth Asda
- Claire Morrissy, Deputy Distribution Centre Manager, Tesco PLC
Industry Champion Award
- Sharon Davies, Senior Director,Corporate Affairs, DHL UK & Ireland
- Tracy McDermott, Senior HR Manager, ALSTOM Transport
- Sue McGeorge, Supply Chain Director, Diageo Plc
Maxine Benson MBE, Co-Founder of Everywoman, said, “As Britain forges ahead in its economic recovery, logistics remain essential to its infrastructure.
“This fast growth sector has announced a huge recruitment drive and diversity is high on the agenda with a huge variety of opportunity.
“We congratulate this year’s finalists who have demonstrated that their gender is no barrier to success and that opportunity exists at every level of the career ladder.”
Theo de Pencier, Chief Executive of the FTA, added: “The Freight Transport Association is proud to be the Title Partner of the 2014 FTA Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards which showcase how women can make a career in transport a successful and fulfilling one.
“We are pleased to encourage forward thinking companies that are committed to introducing diversity to the freight industry, and working further with everywoman offers FTA opportunities to expand that work.
“The key for our industry is to be able to access a wider talent pool to be able to meet its need for good quality staff in whichever role it needs to fill.”