TomTom redesign START range
By Kyle Lindsay
Tuesday, August 5, 2014 - 16:29
Taptap the TomTom
TomTom’s hopes to bring their innovation, world-class navigation and Lifetime Maps to leisure travellers with a redesign of their START range.
The brand new START promises to offer high performance along with a refined user experience – drivers can simply tap on the map to plan a route or find their destination faster with Quick Search and a new-look route bar makes it easier for drivers to see essential travel information at a glance.
“With the launch of the new TomTom START, we are making our latest navigation technology accessible to more drivers,” says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, TomTom Consumer. “With Lifetime Maps and smarter routing, drivers can be confident they will easily find their way.”
The full features available with the TomTom START includes:
- Lifetime Maps: Always drive with the latest map. For the life of the product, drivers can download four or more full updates of the map onto the device, every year.
- Advance Lane Guidance: Clearly see which lane to take at key junctions. Don’t miss the turning with realistic 3D pictures showing the correct lane to take.
- Route Bar: Essential travel information at a glance. The Route Bar shows precise navigation and speed camera information on the road ahead.
- Quick Search: Drivers can find their destination faster with intuitive search results. Quick Search starts finding destinations as soon as the driver starts typing.
- Points of Interest: Drivers can see Points of Interest around them. From petrol stations to hotels, the device comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs.
- My Places: Drivers can see their favourite locations on the map. This makes it easier to find and navigate to their favourite locations every day.
- Map Share changes: Share and download verified map changes from the Map Share community.