Land Rover’s second-fastest selling model, the Discovery Sport has taken the ‘Most Popular SUV’ honour at the annual honestjohn.co.uk awards ceremony. It came out on top as the most searched for SUV over the past 12 months on Honest John’s website. The latest accolade takes the Discovery Sport’s award tally past the 50 mark in only 18 months on sale in the UK
Dan Harrison, editor of honestjohn.co.uk “SUVs – along with crossovers – are the most popular types of cars with our audience, so to win the Most Popular SUV award means fending off strong competition. And that’s exactly what the new Land Rover Discovery Sport has managed for 2016. We saw a big spike in the number of users reading the review when the new Ingenium diesel engine was launched – and it’s an engine we rate very highly indeed. Blending premium quality with renowned Land Rover off-road ability, the Discovery Sport has proved a real hit with the honestjohn.co.uk audience.”
Jeremy Hicks, Jaguar Land Rover UK MD, said: “The Discovery Sport majors on quality, practicality, safety, technology and low running costs. The introduction of the highly advanced range of 2.0 litre Ingenium diesel engines has further cemented its segment-leading position and popularity with both business and private buyers alike. We are delighted to accept this award from Honest John and it adds to an already impressive list of accolades for the Discovery Sport.”
Did you know?
The Discovery Sport is available from £299pm for the TD4 180 SE – standard with heated front seats, Terrain Response and the only premium compact SUV that can seat seven people
- The most popular colours specified by Discovery Sport customers are Corris Grey, Santorini Black and Fuji White.
- Most popular optional extras are Privacy Glass, Black Pack and Contrast Roof
- 65% of all Discovery Sports sold are specified in more luxurious trims such as HSE or above
- 100,000 Discovery Sports were sold in its first year of production
- Discovery Sport features the world’s first automotive integration of the Tile Bluetooth tracking device within Land Rover InControl™ apps – never leave home without your important items ever again.
- The recently launched 2017 Discovery Sport features a larger 10.2-inch touchscreen plus a 60GB Solid State Drive (SSD) as part of the brand’s advanced InControl Touch Pro infotainment system
- You can wade up to a depth of 600mm and constantly check water depth with Land Rover’s Wade Sensing