FLA launch jargon-busting website for customers buying cars on finance
By Kyle Linsay
Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 13:00
JARGON: Are you confused by car financing?
Car buyers looking to purchase their vehicle on finance can now benefit from a new jargon-busting online guide from the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA).
The website, www.financingyourcar.org.uk, explains the different finance options available in showrooms, so customers are able to find the option best suited to them.
Key features of the site include:
– ‘Ask an Expert’, where users can submit a question about how different products work
– Product videos to explain the finance products in a straightforward way
– A finance calculator to help customers work out what they can afford
– A list of questions covering different circumstances to show users the breadth of potential finance products
– Information on reputable finance companies to help people with adverse credit histories
– A ‘Jargon Buster’ to explain the confusing terminology of some finance products, so buyers can do their homework before entering the showroom.
– A unique online tool which finds Specialist Automotive Finance (SAF) dealerships so customers can be confident they are speaking to a motor finance professional. Using postcodes, it shows the ten nearest SAF approved showrooms to the user, and includes links to the dealers’ websites and directions if needed.
Paul Harrison, Head of Motor Finance at the FLA, said: “September always sees a surge in car sales because of the new registration.
“This new website will be a timely resource for those planning a purchase.
“The range of motor finance products can be daunting but the FLA’s Financing Your Car website is designed to talk car buyers through the complexities and simplify jargon, helping them be more informed when visiting a showroom.”
Image courtesy of mercedes818, with thanks.