News that matters for fleet decision-makers
The Whole Life Cost Calculator - FleetPoint

CMG award 140-strong outsourcing contract to Fleet Alliance

By Kyle Linsay
Monday, September 2, 2013 - 15:00

Comments (0)
Martin Brown-Fleet Alliance

DELIGHTED: Martin Brown, Fleet Alliance MD

Care Management Group (CMG) are outsourcing their 140-strong vehicle fleet to management and leasing specialists Fleet Alliance.

CMG, who operate 116 care centres throughout the UK, provide specialist support to children and adults with learning disabilities, Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, physical disabilities, and mental health needs.

Some 80% of their fleet are company cars – largely on a solus badged agreement with Citroen – with the remaining 20% being minibuses to transport CMG service users.

CMG decided to switch from their previous supplier, a leading contract hire company, when, late last year, the supplier suddenly changed their terms and conditions.

Fleet Alliance offered CMG a much-improved rental payment profile that was far more suited to their cash-flow position.

As a consequence, Fleet Alliance were appointed to manage all aspects of the fleet, with a brief to reduce operating costs and provide ancillary services.

Fleet Alliance also introduced their tendering solution, through which new additions to the fleet are tendered to a panel of preferred leasing suppliers to find the most cost-effective solution.

This initiative has been proven to reduce acquisition costs by 8-10% and has helped CMG cut funding costs across its fleet.

At the same time, Fleet Alliance uploaded details of the entire CMG to their e-Fleet fleet management platform.

e-Fleet has the scalability, capacity and flexibility to handle the administration of fleets from five cars to more than 5,000.

It provides completely automated online fleet management accessible anywhere in the world 24hours-a-day, as well as offering an extensive and comprehensive suite of reports.

Viraj Patel, Procurement Manager at CMG, said: “We have been delighted with the service levels, support and attentiveness of Fleet Alliance.

“We have also found e-fleet to be a very effective and user-friendly fleet management solution and I have been able to use it to download invoices, track vehicle movements and interrogate a number of aspects of the fleet through its extensive reporting capability.”

Martin Brown, Managing Director of Fleet Alliance, added: “We are delighted to welcome CMG to our corporate client portfolio.

“We will work closely with them to manage the fleet in as cost effective and efficient manner as possible.”

Related Stories

Comments

The comments are closed.