Brake recognises best of the best at annual Fleet Safety Awards
By Kyle Linsay
Monday, October 5, 2015 - 09:32
Brake, the road safety charity has recognised organisations for their contribution to improving the safety of at-work drivers, at its annual Fleet Safety Awards.
Winners were announced at a prestigious ceremony held last night (Thursday 1 October) at St John’s Hotel in Solihull, Birmingham. The awards, sponsored by Arval, were attended by more than 350 guests, making it Brake’s biggest safety awards to date.
Big winners on the night were Gateshead Council and TomTom Telematics, who picked up two awards each. Individual awards went to Astrid van der Burgt of Kuehne + Nagel and Alison Moriarty of Skanska, with the prestigious Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety going to Richard Owen, of Road Safety Analysis.
The 2015 Fleet Safety Award winners are:
- Safe Vehicles Award, sponsored by Road Haulage Association:
O’Donovan Waste Disposal
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award (operator), sponsored by Allianz:
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award (supplier), sponsored by Allianz:
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award, sponsored by Trimble:
GreenRoad & Iron Mountain
- Fleet Safety Product Award (road safety), sponsored by QBE:
- Fleet Safety Product Award (in-vehicle technology), sponsored by QBE:
- Fleet Safety Analysis & Action Award, sponsored by ARI:
Ealing Council & Cycle Safety Shield
- Eco Fleet Award, sponsored by Telogis:
- Company Driver Safety Award (small fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster:
- Company Driver Safety Award (large fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster:
Transport for London
- Road Safety in the Community Award, sponsored by Ocado:
- Best Newcomer to Road Risk Management, sponsored by Specsavers:
Astrid van der Burgt, Kuehne + Nagel
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Licence Bureau:
Alison Moriarty, Skanska
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety, sponsored by Arriva:
Richard Owen, Road Safety Analysis
Please contact Ellie Pearson on email@example.com for additional information and photos from the event.
Ellie Pearson, professional engagement manager at Brake, says: “Congratulations to all this year’s award winners and highly commended entrants for their impressive work over the past year. We were delighted to receive so many strong awards entries, and to see the fantastic work that so many organisations and individuals are doing to make our roads safer for everyone.”